Please accept our invitation to join us on an adventure in literature as we curate our next Women of Spirit Anthology! In this edition, we are curating a collection of essays, musings, meditations, rituals, poems and prayers from Maine’s female spiritual leaders.
We ask that you let us know within the next two weeks confirming whether you wish to participate to save your place, and then submit your content via email to us by the deadline listed below. You could write something from scratch, or draw upon a blog you’ve posted, article you’ve published, a poem or chant or song or meditation, or homily or sermon you’ve written. Even an excerpt from a book you’ve published – or manuscript you have begun to write. Whatever you have time and desire to submit, we will welcome it.
Below are the details. Please email us any questions – and check the FAQ at bottom of this note. Editor@MatrikaPress.com
In love and joy,
“Twinkle” Marie Porter-Manning
What to Submit by April 13th, 2021:
- a writing submission of your choosing (ie: an essay, article, blog, a poem, a song, a chant, a meditation, homily, sermon, etc) emailed along with your submission form and images to Editor@MatrikaPress.com
- Photo of you – headshot in high resolution – (and you can additionally submit photos of you in your sacred space or favorite place that we may place throughout the book and in our publicity)
- Website address (one website address to publish in the book)
- Three words to describe you
- Mini-BIO (briefly tell us about who you are and what your spiritual and professional practice is)
Bio Maximum 150 words and written in 3rd person, i.e. (see sample bios, here)
Here is a link to the RELEASE for you to download:
sign and email with all documents to:
Please send all documents and information listed above in one email and title the SUBJECT LINE as Follows:
“AUTHOR SUBMISSION – Your Name – MAINE WOMENS ANTHOLOGY“
The theme of the anthology is: Women of Spirit: Transforming Lives
Suggested topics to write about:
- what you do
- why you do what you do
- what fascinates you most about your work
- personal story or experience on your journey
- a lesson you wish to share
- advice you wish to give
- a myth (retold or created by you)
- the beauty of nature, or of the divine (or whatever you feel called to)
- how you honor your truth (your practice)
- if art is part of our practice or teaching method, please feel free to contribute art to this anthology.
- You may also, in addition to your headshot, include photos of your church or retreat center, you with your people, landscape that inspires you and/or is holy to you, as well as animals and sacred symbols. (All images must be high quality resolution JPEG, PDF or PNG)
Our goal is to highlight the theologies, practices, faiths, traditions and teachings of women spiritual leaders in Maine.
Essentially, write what you feel called to write. Write what you have wanted to share with the world. You may be contemplative or playful.
If you have had the work published already (or if it is an excerpt of something you intend to publish in your own book), please list this information so we can give credit to it.
Samples of three words to describe you – this need not be a forever title 🙂 just where you are now, or where you are speaking from in this anthology
Minister. Companion. Writer.
Guide. Author. Mom.
Skeptic. Healer. Teacher.
Pastor. Witness. Friend.
Sojourner. Poet. Shaman.
Psychic. Medium. Mentor.
Wedding Officiant. Notary. Clergy.
Yes, you may hyphenate:
Story-teller. Spiritual-Coach. Contemporary-Shaman.
- There is no cost to contributors to participate in this book. There will be opportunity to place an ad in the back of the book, yet there is no obligation to do so.
- If you are among those invited and if you email your submission by April 13th, it will be published.
- Submissions may be brief, or up to 1,700 words.
- We will edit submissions to ensure spelling is checked, and to a lesser extent – grammar. But to ensure Your Voice comes through we will not edit much of the way you say things.
- Each contributor will be able to purchase books in bulk at wholesale cost should they wish to give them as gifts or sell them at their place of business.
- Filling out and returning the submission form via email is confirmation of your agreement to the terms set out on this page.
Matrika Press Authors receive:
- a circuit of Press Releases sent to local media outlets,
- an article written and submitted to author’s chosen local or online publications,
- personalized outreach to a handful of locations that the author wishes to teach/speak at,
- as well as gentle outreach to a several targeted media platforms (television/radio) the author desires to be interviewed by.
- Contributors may bulk order books at Wholesale price.