If you are a Unitarian Universalist and desire to publish a book, you are in the right place! Matrika Press was founded with you in mind. Our UU values are the heart and soul of Matrika Press. Should you feel called to write a book relating to one of the sources we draw our faith from, or are inspired to publish works dedicated to our principles, we are happy to help turn that desire into reality.
Be it a meditation or poetry book, a collection of sermons and teachings, historical references to UUs and wisdom of the past, highlighting modern day social justice ministries, exploring faith-based practices and ideals, music and artistic ministries or any other UU-related focuses, Matrika Press wants to support you in bringing forth your work.
We also accept submissions from authors inspired to write fiction.
Email us today!
In the subject line please list:
UU Book Submission + Your Name + Your Book Title or Theme
In the Content Box: Please tell us a bit about you and your book, as well as your background as a UU, including which congregation and groups you are affiliated with.
SAMPLE OF PRICING
Works are to be print-ready!
5.5×8.5 up to 100 pages
4×6 pocket-size books up to 40 pages
Above prices include interior layout and cover design. Should you wish to have your work edited, we can refer you to editors. Starting rate is typically $500 depending on the amount of editing required.
Matrika Press Authors and Poets receive:
- 10 complimentary copies of their book
- a circuit of Press Releases sent to local media outlets,
- an article written and submitted to their chosen local or online publications,
- as well as gentle outreach to a several targeted media platforms (television/radio) the author desires to be interviewed by.
- poets who wish to teach or speak will be referred to the UU Speakers Collaborative for personalized outreach options.
For more information, and to receive submission form please email: Editor@MatrikaPress.com
Scholarships available based on need.